Project: Merge - Downloads and Changes
2011-03-05 - v1.0.1338
- Added an error message when attempting to load files that are not XML.
- Fixed crash when running behind certain corporate firewalls/proxies.
- Fixed bug that would corrupt XML files written to ISO-8859-15.
2011-02-28 - v1.0.1321
- Added support for generating a report file for the current session.
- The progress bar should no longer be displayed when operating in silent mode.
2010-12-09 - v1.0.1261
- Added support for code page ISO/IEC 8859-1:1987.
- Slightly improved the performance of the XML parser.
- Improved the message displayed when attempting to open an XML file that uses an unsupported character encoding.
- Fixed minor caret positioning problem when editing attribute values for base and right files.
2010-11-22 - v1.0.1240
- Changed the way comments and content blocks are matched.
- Slightly improved performance when performing node matching during the final stages of loading.
- Fixed crash when saving content and comment blocks that had been selectively removed during a merge.
2010-11-18 - v1.0.1227
- Added support for XML namespaces.
- Added a check for attribute values that are not correctly quoted.
- Added real support for simple document type declarations.
- Included an XML file format specification for StratML files.
- Fixed minor formatting problem with the differences/conflicts text on the toolbar.
- Fixed crash that could occur when trying to display very long lines of text.
- Improved the way whitespace is managed to help retain as much of the original document formatting as possible.
- Slightly improved the visible appearance of highlighted selector blocks.
2010-10-20 - v1.0.1168
- Added support for code page ISO/IEC 8859-15:1999.
2010-10-13 - v1.0.1167
- Removed the ability to copy XML nodes when comparing files. (Minor performance optimisation.)
- Improved UI performance slightly when translating components to other languages.
- Greatly improved the display performance when using fixed-width fonts.
- It's now possible to immediately retry registering Project: Merge when the registration server cannot be contacted.
- Changing font size with Ctrl+Mouse Wheel now correctly refreshes the screen again.
- Changing font parameters in the Display Preferences also correctly refreshes the screen when the preferences dialog is closed.
- Made sure the User ID is still rewritten to the registry even if the evaluation period has expired.
- The Update Dialog now always closes correctly when the Download button is pressed.
- Fixed a race condition in the memory manager that could have caused the occasional crash on start up.
- Fixed some other potential crashes when running under low memory conditions.
2010-09-21 - v1.0.1094
- Removed the concept of groups from the format specification system.
- Changed the way the highlighted selector is drawn. Now all border lines are drawn blue or red for differences and conflicts respectively.
- Slightly lightened the outer selection box and made the selector row backgrounds visible through it.
- Added the root XML element name to the file specification preferences panel.
- Removed a minor inconsistancy regarding when the Save menu/toolbar items are available.
- Ensured the message box warning about saving with conflicts was shown before selecting a destination file when using the 'Save As' menu option.
- The right-click 'Properties' menu option now selects the correct preferences page again. (This was inadvertantly broken in the previous release while fixing a minor issue with the preferences dialog.)
- It is no longer possible to select a source (left, base, right) through the menus or toolbar when comparing files.
- Merge results can no longer be accidentally lost when opening new files for comparison.
- The 'Resolve to Base' menu option is no longer incorrectly disabled when merging three files.
- The undo/redo chain is now correctly cleared when loading new files.
2010-09-11 - v1.0.1029
- Added an informational message when creating new format specifications informing the user how to access the element specification properties.
- Added support for editing character content and comment blocks of text when merging.
- Added a way to select a format specification when multiple formats support the same root element.
- Cleaned up the display of comment blocks - The opening <!-- and closing --> are no longer on separate lines.
- The first difference or conflict is now automatically selected when loading files.
- Pasting long filenames into the combo/edit boxes in the Open Dialog no longer truncates them.
- Fixed similar problems with other combo/edit boxes in the Search and Create Format Specification dialogs.
- Content and comment blocks no longer incorrectly count the number of lines they occupy.
- Made the format selection algorithm early-out if there was only one format specification that matched the incoming root element.
2010-08-22 - v1.0.823
- Added the currently open filenames to the title bar.
- Recent file list was duplicating filenames with different character cases.
- It was possible to create format specification groups with names containing spaces and other non-alphabetic characters.
- The left edge of a selector was missing for selectors of root nodes.
- Indentation was broken slightly when selectors appeared at the root level.
- The incorrect mouse cursor was displayed when a selector was scrolled off the left side of the display.
- Width calculation for content and comment blocks was broken due to how these blocks store sparse line information.
- Elements without defining identifiers are no longer mistakingly matched to elements with different tags.
2010-08-16 - v1.0.786
- First public release.