Oso XML Merge - Downloads and Changes
2018-11-19 - v2.0.1731
- It's now possible to access the Preferences Dialog directly from the Open Dialog.
- Removed all remaining sunken horizontal lines from all dialog boxes.
- Greatly improved the look of selected text.
- Fixed crash when attempting to load an XML file with invalid element attribute formatting.
- Fixed problem with reshowing a specific preferences panel when there was a problem validating its settings.
- Fixed crash when attempting to parse empty CDATA sections.
- Selecting XML blocks within selectors now works correctly.
- Pasted XML nodes now retain their collapsed state from when they were copied to the clipboard.
- Fixed problem that would cause too much text to be deleted when undoing pasting multiple lines into an attribute value.
- Fixed rendering issue when pasting elements into a block selector.
2017-05-25 - v2.0.1264
- Improved support for XML namespaces.
- Added the -checkconflicts commandline option that returns immediately with a non-zero exit code when a silent merge has conflicts.
- XML namespaces are now used to correctly identify similarly named elements.
- Fixed regression that prevented Oso XML Merge from returning a non-zero value on exit when a merge operation is unsaved/cancelled.
- Fixed regression that prevented the dialog warning about closing a merge operation with unsaved changes from occasionally appearing.
2017-05-15 - v2.0.1246
- Fixed startup problem on machines with 32 (or more) logical processors.
2017-04-14 - v2.0.1238
- Improved the user experience when creating new format specifications.
- Added filename wildcard matching for the list of compatible format specifications under the Edit menu.
- Added cancel button to the progress dialog.
- Fixed problem that prevented the first format specification from being selected when choosing which one to use when loading.
- Cleaned up the information that's displayed in the toolbar when reloading XML files.
- Minor startup memory optimisation.
- Slightly decreased memory usage of XML attributes.
- Fixed crash when all potential format specifications are rejected due to filename wildcard mismatching.
2017-01-06 - v2.0.1205
- The selected format specification is now highlighted in bold in the preferences dialog.
- Greyed out the counters in the toolbar when they are zero.
- Fixed the kerning between the toolbar counter values and their labels.
- Added a context menu when right-clicking over the title strip at the top of the XML view.
- Added new Edit menu option to open the folder containing the format specification files.
- Fixed a problem that occasionally caused a crash when closing the preferences dialog.
- Fixed problem that could prevent the XML files from being reloaded correctly after closing the preferences dialog when deleting the currently selected format specification.
- When creating a new format specification from the Edit menu, the newly created specification is now selected correctly.
- Fixed additional issues related to switching format specifications on the fly.
2017-01-04 - v2.0.1176
- Empty files are no longer flagged as invalid XML documents.
- Improved matching algorithm for Processing Instructions.
- Short form (<.../>) and long form (<...><.../>) empty elements are now treated as different for comparison purposes.
- Short and long form empty elements are now visually distinguishable in the XML view.
- Removed a minor inconsitency in how the user chooses format specifications.
- Improved start up performance by further optimising memory usage.
- Format specifications that cannot be saved correctly retain their 'unsaved' status.
- Solved problem of format specification selector not showing when all available specifications also have filename wildcards defined.
- The installer no longer creates an XMLMerge64 directory for format specification files. (All versions use the XMLMerge folder.)
- Updated the support URL displayed in the Programs and Features control panel.
2016-10-30 - v2.0.1107
- Fixed issue that would cause the toolbar to not redraw correctly after minimising the Oso XML Merge window.
- Fixed quality issues with icons in the main XML view.
- Fully flattened toolbar button highlights.
- Unified the colour of some UI elements.
- Cleaned up the layout of the preferences dialog.
- Removed some superfluous memory allocations/frees related to the user interface.
- Removed other memory allocations/frees when parsing the command line.
- Fixed some excessive memory allocations in the update system.
- Fixed memory leaks caused by the new command line argument manager not shutting down correctly on exit.
- Fixed minor resource usage bug related to enumerating font names in the preferences dialog.
2016-09-06 - v2.0.1060
- Added support for auto-resolving from a particular XML node (instead of always resolving the whole file).
- Made minor memory optimisation when updating the toolbar.
- Fixed a memory leak in the non-markup character data parser.
- Fixed regression that could cause Oso XML Merge to hang when attempting to purge excessive files from the most recently used file list.
- Fixed crash caused by the incorrect assuption that namespace IRIs would be unique within a document.
- Fixed problem that would cause the automatic update system to occasionally ignore an update.
2016-08-06 - v2.0.1045
- Conflicts are now displayed and treated as differences when comparing files.
- It's now possible to specify relative filenames on the command line.
2016-05-29 - v2.0.1035
- Fixed issue with duplicate tooltips being generated for right-aligned toolbar buttons.
- Slightly improved positional accuracy of displayed blocks in the navigation pane.
- Greatly improved progress bar resolution.
- Error dialogs displayed during loading now correctly contain the name of the file that caused the error.
- Format specification element and attribute lists are now updated correctly during loading.
- Solved potential load-time deadlock caused by UI elements being displayed from worker threads.
- The navigation pane current position indicator no longer disappears towards the bottom of very large (more than 300,000 lines) files.
- Fixed occasional crash on shutdown caused by a thread not always closing down correctly.
2016-05-01 - v2.0.1019
- Added the ability to preprocess non-markup character data to normalise whitespace and/or strip newlines.
- Normalised capitalisation of all dialogs and windows.
- Added an ellipsis to the end of the current format specification name if there's not enough room to display it in the toolbar.
- Removed the horizontal scroll bars from the XML node lists in the Auto Resolve dialogs.
- Any empty new line at the start of non-markup data is now correctly hidden.
- Expanding and contracting XML nodes now correctly updates the selection margin width when displaying line numbers.
- Stopped short directory names from being incorrectly ignored when trimming file paths for the title bar.
- Fixed tooltips for right-aligned toolbar buttons.
2016-03-07 - v2.0.1017
- Minor performance improvements when processing format specification files.
- Fixed crash caused by a race condition when collating progress across multiple threads.
- Fixed File.Exit menu item not always working correctly.
2015-11-16 - BETA - v2.0.1009
- Added support for auto-resolving conflicts based on user-defined criteria.
- Added support for automatically resolving some or all conflicts from the command line.
- Improved support for displaying and editing XML Attribute Lists, CDATA blocks, Document Type Declarations, Element Declarations, Entities, Notations, and Processing Instructions.
- It is now possible to automatically resolve or delete conflicted comments.
- Rules controlling ordering of children can now be inherited from parent elements.
- Improved the quality of the user interface look and feel.
- Improved support for 16-bit desktop colour depths.
- Added support for displaying line numbers.
- It is now possible to expand and collapse unchanged elements.
- Fixed minor display issue when selecting over the start of an attribute selector.
- Added the ability to customise the display colours.
- Added the ability to disable automatic updating of format specifications when loading new XML files.
- Added support for deleting a format specification file through the preferences dialog.
- When three-way merging, you can now see when the same change has been made in both the left and right files.
- Added support for downloading files directly from an HTTP server for comparing and merging.
- Added support for dropping files from Windows Explorer into the filename boxes in the Open Dialog.
- Added auto completion drop down menu to the edit boxes in the Open dialog.
- Changed the way potential conflicts are displayed and navigated when comparing files.
- The title bar now indicates whether there are unsaved changes for the current merge.
- Added the Oso XML Merge icon to all dialog boxes.
- It's now possible to double-click on a file format specification when choosing the one to use for the current XML files.
- Elements with no changes or conflicts can now be collapsed to reduce unnecessary scrolling.
- You can now pan the main XML view by holding and dragging with the right mouse button.
- The About dialog now contains detailed licence information.
- The Search dialog has been updated to allow searching hidden text.
- Oso XML Merge menu items now have icons that match their toolbar counterparts.
- Improved performance when closing the preferences dialog after not changing the display settings.
- Greatly improved display performance, especially when changing the font size with CTRL+MouseWheel.
- XML files are now loaded and parsed concurrently in multiple threads.
- Automatic updating of format specifications is now performed as a background task where possible.
- Greatly improved load performance through aggressive memory usage optimisation.
- Added native 64-bit support.
- The location box in the navigation pane is now more accurately positioned.
- Identifying elements by character data now works correctly for empty elements.
- The user is now prompted to overwrite an existing file when saving an XML file or a report under a new filename.
- More whitespace between elements is now correctly preserved when saving.
- Three-way comparisons and merges are now more accurate when matching new elements that have been added to both the left and the right input files.
- UTF-8 Byte Order Marks are now preserved when saving.
- Attribute values containing tab characters are now displayed correctly.
- Fixed regression that caused the original formatting of closing tags for non-empty elements to be lost.
- Fixed crash when updating a format specification for an XML file which contains elements with no attributes.
- The caret is now updated correctly when changing the font size with CTRL+MouseWheel.
- The first difference is automatically selected after changing the format specification through the Preferences Dialog.
- Fixed minor problem when creating an undo command with multiple actions.
- Tidied up rendering of highlighted XML nodes within selector boxes.
- Save and SaveAs menu items are no longer incorrectly greyed out after editing a previously saved merge result.
- Characters from mono-spaced Unicode tables are now positioned more accurately.