Oso Memory Profiler - Downloads and Changes
2020-07-24 - v1.2.875
- The width of the left panes will now be remembered correctly if resized when the Threads tab is selected.
- Fixed issue that might cause trial licences to expire immediately.
- Fixed a race condition that could cause a crash when updating the memory maps.
- Fixed broken keyboard shortcuts for a few commands.
2020-04-24 - v1.2.865
- Improved accuracy of progress bar when loading profiles.
- Refined the look of the threaded events view.
- Added the ability to copy the name of a function from the event callstack pane.
- Added new highlight indicators to toggleable buttons and grouped buttons in toolbars.
- Event details are now shown automatically when an event is selected. (If the Time overview is visible.)
- Corrected the title text of a minor dialog box.
- Error and warning expressions are now only evaluated at most once per event.
- Greatly improved the performance of frame and function filters.
- Improved the performance of generating the Threaded Events view.
- Loading profiles is now approximately 10% faster.
- Implemented support for profiling memory across DLLs on Windows.
- Updated the URL for the online manual.
- Fixed several display issues with the event details panes.
- Fixed bug that could cause the Oso Memory Profiler to hang when updating the graphs for very small profiles.
- If not specified, a file extension is now correctly appended to the filename when saving.
- Memory profiles which cannot be loaded, for whatever reason, are now removed from the recent files list.
- When saving profiles, the toolbar event filters are now ignored.
- Block list filter selection display now works correctly for MatchAll filters.
- The status bar no longer counts time-gap events in its stats.
- The .Net framework dependency issues in the VSFileOpener utility should be finally resolved.
- Adding additional attributes to an event now finds the first event that contains the given address instead of requiring the address to match the start of a memory block.
- Automatic closing of networked sessions when a new session starts is now working as expected.
- Fixed a couple of crashes that could occur under certain circumstances when reloading profiles from disk.
- Fixed an issue with the manual licensing procedure that could cause one of the stages to be skipped.
2019-08-22 - v1.2.489
- Greatly improved visual appearance and correlation between applied filters and listed items.
- When creating a filter through the event details, the same event is now automatically selected in the new view.
- It's now possible to filter the frame and function lists when creating/editing frame and function filters.
- Split licence information out from the About Dialog into its own dialog, and made it accessible from multiple locations.
- Added a context menu to items in the selected event's callstack.
- When browsing for a search path, the current path, if any, is now correctly selected by default.
- Improved appearance of toolbar icons on high-DPI displays.
- Removed tens of thousands of unnecessary memory allocations. ;o)
- It's now possible to load profiles by dragging and dropping them on the Oso Memory Profiler window.
- Implemented a different approach for retrieving callstacks on iOS/tvOS/ipadOS.
- Fixed a few minor issues with the licensing system.
- Leaked memory blocks no longer have a duration of 1 microsecond.
- The selected event is now correctly updated after a view's filters have been changed.
- Changing views with keyboard shortcuts now correctly updates the relevant view's tabs.
- Fixed other minor issues with the keyboard shortcut system.
- Improved some error messages displayed when receiving error codes from the licence server.
- Fixed the status bar not always correctly updating.
- Fixed issue that prevented message events from being hidden in filtered views.
2018-05-16 - v1.2.6
- Free event attributes now include the associated memory address if there's no corresponding allocation event.
- Tabbing between controls in multi-panel dialogs now works as expected.
- The Event Details panels are now always visible. (No more horrible jumping sideways when selecting that first event.)
- Removed the Flat Threads view.
- Improved the consistency and layout of pane headers.
- Lightened the text of non-interactive labels in pane headers to better distinguish them from clickable text items.
- Added two new standard event attributes: Duration and BlockType.
- Free events can now be matched with allocation events with different block types if an allocation event with a matching block type cannot be found.
- Mismatched allocation/free block types are now flagged as errors.
- Added new duration filter for displaying memory blocks whose lifetimes fall within a specific time duration.
- Added a 'Time overview' tab alongside the 'Event details' section that gives an overview of allocated memory and block counts for the selected point in time.
- Added support for adding additional attributes to allocation and free events after they have been created.
- iOS profiling might be possible with the latest version of XCode. (We haven't changed anything, but it appears Apple has implemented the missing clang library functions that were preventing profiling from working.)
- Free events without corresponding allocation events are now correctly picked up by address filters.
- Fixed crash when attempting to create a time filter from a free event's details with no corresponding allocation event.
- Left-side block lists are now correctly ignored when hidden.
- Selecting an item from the block lists no longer incorrectly applies a size-only filter.
- Items in the blocks list are now correctly selected according to the currently applied filters.
- Reloading a profile no longer breaks standard expressions and attributes registered for that session.
- Filtered event view graphs are now scaled correctly on the horizontal axis.
2017-12-29 - v1.1.3
- Improved consistency of lower details panes when no allocation event is available.
- Added error message when trying to load a file from the recent file list that no longer exists.
- Filtered event views are now searched for a match before a new one is opened.
- The menu bar menus are now correctly enabled or disabled depending on the open sessions.
- Added support for profiling macOS desktop applications and native Android apps. (And possibly Linux applications too.)
- Fixed start-up problem on machines with 32 (or more) logical processors.
- Fixed display of event problems when a free event has no matching allocation.
- Fixed event details overview when no allocation event is available.
- Fixed problems with text overflowing and tabs not being correctly sized sometimes.
- Non-existent files no longer appear as empty sessions.
- Fixed crash when attempting to select a non-existent event.
- Fixed positioning of memory view labels on high-dpi displays.
- Fixed problem that prevented the File > Close and File > Close All menu items from working correctly.
- It's now possible to reload a session.
2017-04-11 - v1.0.2650
- Initial public release.