Oso Memory Profiler - Downloads and Changes
2018-05-16 - v1.2.6
- Free event attributes now include the associated memory address if there's no corresponding allocation event.
- Tabbing between controls in multi-panel dialogs now works as expected.
- The Event Details panels are now always visible. (No more horrible jumping sideways when selecting that first event.)
- Removed the Flat Threads view.
- Improved the consistency and layout of pane headers.
- Lightened the text of non-interactive labels in pane headers to better distinguish them from clickable text items.
- Added two new standard event attributes: Duration and BlockType.
- Free events can now be matched with allocation events with different block types if an allocation event with a matching block type cannot be found.
- Mismatched allocation/free block types are now flagged as errors.
- Added new duration filter for displaying memory blocks whose lifetimes fall within a specific time duration.
- Added a 'Time overview' tab alongside the 'Event details' section that gives an overview of allocated memory and block counts for the selected point in time.
- Added support for adding additional attributes to allocation and free events after they have been created.
- iOS profiling might be possible with the latest version of XCode. (We haven't changed anything, but it appears Apple has implemented the missing clang library functions that were preventing profiling from working.)
- Free events without corresponding allocation events are now correctly picked up by address filters.
- Fixed crash when attempting to create a time filter from a free event's details with no corresponding allocation event.
- Left-side block lists are now correctly ignored when hidden.
- Selecting an item from the block lists no longer incorrectly applies a size-only filter.
- Items in the blocks list are now correctly selected according to the currently applied filters.
- Reloading a profile no longer breaks standard expressions and attributes registered for that session.
- Filtered event view graphs are now scaled correctly on the horizontal axis.
2017-12-29 - v1.1.3
- Improved consistency of lower details panes when no allocation event is available.
- Added error message when trying to load a file from the recent file list that no longer exists.
- Filtered event views are now searched for a match before a new one is opened.
- The menu bar menus are now correctly enabled or disabled depending on the open sessions.
- Added support for profiling macOS desktop applications and native Android apps. (And possibly Linux applications too.)
- Fixed start-up problem on machines with 32 (or more) logical processors.
- Fixed display of event problems when a free event has no matching allocation.
- Fixed event details overview when no allocation event is available.
- Fixed problems with text overflowing and tabs not being correctly sized sometimes.
- Non-existent files no longer appear as empty sessions.
- Fixed crash when attempting to select a non-existent event.
- Fixed positioning of memory view labels on high-dpi displays.
- Fixed problem that prevented the File > Close and File > Close All menu items from working correctly.
- It's now possible to reload a session.
2017-04-11 - v1.0.2650
- Initial public release.